Enterprises and training
One of the peculiarities of Centrale pedagogy is to involve companies at all the stages of the training, far beyond the classical end-of-study project. Partner companies are deemed an integral part in this type of training.
At the end of his/her training, a Centrale student may, if he/she wishes, have spent from 12 to 24 months in enterprises or working on a project with and for a company.
Companies’ involvement comes in three forms:
- Regular lectures by Professionals: as of the first year in the form of leaders’ conferences, and more and more in the training as the school years progress.
- Several and long-term internships:
- 7-week internship at the end of the first year.
- 4 to 6-month internship at the second half of the second year (company or laboratory).
- Optional: gap year between the second and third year.
- 6-month end of study internship.
The companies with which these projects are carried out act as “real” clients for project teams, especially for the first year’s Challenge project and the projects associated with the third year options, for which time slots are reserved in the timetable.